On the weekend that saw us continue our growing obsession with the import of Black Friday, I thought it'd be appropriate to take a look at some of the online resources that might be useful for muscle problems, sports injuries & massage professionals.
Online shopping for muscle injuries
Here are some useful website for resources that it'd be useful to have in your cupboard in case of injury:
- Ice packs are a good alternative to ice for bringing down inflammation after a muscle strain - Gelpacks have a wide range to choose from.
- An hot water bottle is good for muscle ache and spasm - the heat helps to relax the muscles. Boots, or other chemists are a good place to start for these.
- I'm not great on foam rollers, but if you really want to buy one, then Physioroom is a great place.
- Physioroom is also good for support bandages and hand / wrist braces.
- Plastic practice golf balls are really useful for self treatment of trigger points on your shoulders. I've made a quick video here which explains how to use them - Amazon sell them really cheaply.
Online resources for sports injuries
The best website for learning about sports injuries and how to treat them is Sports Injury Clinic. There's a wealth of information and advice there which covers all muscle-related injuries and issues.
For other health-related issue, the NHS Choices website is a good authoritative resource.
Shopping sites for sports massage therapists
If you're in the trade, then there are a couple of really useful sites for supplies. Here are ones that I rely on:
- Massage lotion - I use Naqi Ultra Sports lotion, which allows for good friction needed for deep tissue work. This is availabel from several places, but I get mine from Patterson Medical.
- Couch roll - again, I use Patterson Medical.
- Towels. Majestic towels sell great quality towels at a good price.
- Printing. Providing you're buying in bulk, Saxoprint have the best prices and give a great service.
More great content
Of course, if you're looking for constantly updated content, then bookmark my blog.new content is added weekly in one of 6 different categories:
- Posture & your body
- Sport & injury
- About DW Sports Massage
- Treating medical conditions
- Looking after yourself
- The massage profession & techniques